Saturday, November 5, 2011

Three Reasons I Love Early Saturday Mornings

I’m not a morning person.  And I really mean that.  The baby woke up early this morning and Arnie and Hayden still needed to sleep, which means I got up with Mason.  So instead of wishing I were cuddled warmly under the covers with my eyes still shut, I focused on the three reasons I love early Saturday mornings.

Reason 1:  It actually is kind of nice to lie on the couch rather listlessly and watch the sun come up through the front room window while Mason played on the floor next to me.  (Hey, it was early and that’s all I was capable of.)

Reason 2:  The morning is the quietest part of the day.  Even after the kiddos go to bed, we usually have the TV on or something making noise, even the white noise machine to help the kiddos sleep.  I enjoyed the simple quiet this morning.

Reason 3:  It was way too fun to watch Mason as he crawled around chasing a balloon from Hayden’s birthday and playing with an empty box.  His big giggles were a joy to wake up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment